Platinum Transport Solutions was founded in 2001 to offer fast and dedicated same-day transport and logistical solutions to companies throughout the UK. In the early days our fleet was modest, but we soon encountered a huge increase in demand for our services. We believe that this was a result of our honest and extremely reliable approach, our ability to put the customer at ease, and the simple fact that we are very good at what we do! I am Joe Tait Managing Director of Platinum Transport Solutions Ltd.
Platinum first became aware of FORS when one of our clients asked if we were FORS Accredited. We quickly realised that the FORS ethos resonated with us and our commitment to a safer industry and we took steps to become an accredited company.
The lead up to our first Bronze audit was concerning as we didn’t know what to expect, but there was no need to be worried. The auditor was courteous, fair and very knowledgeable and put us at ease. The report gave us pointers on where we could improve and gave us encouragement showing us how far we had come.
As soon as we became Bronze accredited, we started to use the Performance Management Toolkit. This really helped to spot trends in fuel consumption within our fleet and sparked thoughts of how we could reduce our impact to the environment.
“There was no need to be worried, the auditor was courteous, fair and very knowledgeable and put us at ease.” – Joe Tait – Managing Director.
Access to the FORS Toolbox Talks have been invaluable! The talks have formed the backbone of our continuous development programme and we have seen a real improvement in driver engagement. Our drivers feel valued because we are investing in their safety and improving standards across the board. It’s a Win Win situation for all.
“Our drivers feel valued because we are investing in their safety and improving standards across the board.”- Joe Tait – Managing Director
When we were confident with the requirements of Bronze, we felt that we were ready to prove that we were fit for Silver. Achieving FORS Silver gave all our staff a massive boost especially being a small company. So, this year we are aiming high and strive to achieve Gold.
- Being our first year, the calculated figures show an initial 3-month period, with a large percentage increase covering the calculated 12 months. We expect to see accurate figures on our next submission.
|Incidents per 100,000 Kms||
Number of PCNs
Jan 2018 – Dec 2019
|Percentage improvement||27.03% Increase||64.20% reduction||
*Annual improvement in MPG and Incidents per 100,000 Kms
- We have put in place bi-annual Health & Medical declarations that include regular eyesight checks and we conduct random, drugs and alcohol testing. This has enabled us to actively support any driver who requires it.
- It is the policy of Platinum Transport to actively recruit new drivers from industry apprentice schemes wherever possible. We will employ people that show the right aptitude and keenness for the work that we conduct during the application/interview stage of the recruitment process and in turn will train drivers to meet the company’s high standards of professionalism.
- Our vehicle operation is based in an industrial area with no disruption to any local residents. Company operations are mainly conducted within normal working hours with all out of hour services controlled (e.g motorway trunking to industrial hubs or non-residential areas) We operate a new fleet of Euro 6 vehicles with noise suppressed engines and ancillaries and have in place a Noise around vehicles Risk assessment controlling the potential of hearing damage.
- We provide same day, next day and a scheduled delivery service covering both specialised and general haulage services. As we rely on our customers asking us to deliver to various locations across the whole country, we never know where we are going until they need us. Therefore, we can’t afford to try and move anything via barge or train as we collect and deliver anywhere in the country. So, using a Lorry is the most cost-effective way of moving our clients goods. 75% of our fleet are now Euro 6 compliant. We have looked at electric vehicles and because of the costs associated and lack of infrastructure this is not currently an option.
We will continue using what FORS has taught us to improve our MPG and reduce any wasted idling time we might have and keep our Parking fines and Charges to zero.
Gaining FORS Gold Accreditation will show how dedicated we are as a company to improving road safety, reducing our impact to the environment and protecting the safety of all vulnerable road users. We will continuously use what FORS has taught us to help reduce our carbon footprint and make the roads so safer for everyone that uses them.